Monday, March 8, 2010

Fasting

I am going to fast this week. And I do not mean a food fast.

I am willingly abstaining from viewpoint offering for the week. An opinion fast so to speak.

I will instead use the time as a period of listening, reflection and prayer. A spiritual and occurpational recuperation time.

Refresh and reinvigorate is the intent. I'll strive to make the necessary readjustments in my inner-life in order to better listen, learn and lead.

Since so few know of my blog, this fast's purpose is purely personal, symbolic only to me in its significance. No political statement. No leadership challenge to others.

Also no weight loss strategy. Although I expect letting the weight of the world off my shoulders may be an anticipated benefit!

Let the therapy begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment