Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cluttered

I carry lists in my head.

For quite a while they have been lists focused on really important stuff. What's God speaking into my heart? What does my family need? I carried what my staff needed, what my volunteers needed. I even carried thoughts on what could benefit my community. And of course ideas on world peace.

You know the big stuff.

It was a lot to carry around in my head. Even more for the weight it placed on my heart.

But I find myself with a bit of time to de-clutter. To unload. To lean on rather than necessarily be leaned upon. It's a bit disconcerting but not really in a bad way.

Wading through the quagmire, I find time to be quiet. To listen. To notice who sticks and who doesn't. To contemplate trust and confidence and truth.

And I find myself on the path to start different lists. Rows and lines of what God is whispering. What would comfort my family? Where do I perform at my highest potential? Who would I like to be around in work and leisure? How can I be as cool as one of my local heroes?

I know I have been given a gift - maybe in the form of a challenge - but a gift non-the-less. I noticed. No additional two by fours needed.

Oh and just for the record...world peace is still on the list.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Has made me think about my own path.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful to be able to hear God as he whispers...saves Him from having to shout at us. : )

    ReplyDelete