Monday, March 1, 2010

Unsustainable

Alone.

In a sea of people. In a whirlwind of things to do. In the midst of all that is.

I am struggling with feeling alone.

This is not a new feeling for me and one that I have over time come to embrace...usually. But over the past couple weeks, not so much welcoming of the feeling as floundering in it. The imagery of me treading water is surfacing, literally.

As someone who moved so often as a youth that I could attend four high school reunions this year if I wanted; as someone who extroverts so much in my work that it wears me out; as one who frequently asks for (and gets) the mountain... I am perplexed by this somewhat sudden, visceral response.

Interestingly (to me anyway), this is also the closest I have felt in my connection to God. My utter dependence on a loving Father to hold me in the palm of His hand and "shhhhh" my fears.

My life, as is, is unsustainable. I need a replenishment strategy.

2 comments:

  1. I know it hasn't been an easy road and I hope you know that you can ALWAYS share with me. And I think it's in these moments that God holds us up the most. I've found that to be true in my life as well. Stay strong, friend... "To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy - to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen." ~Jude 1:24

    ReplyDelete
  2. "To dare is to lose your footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose yourself." –Kierkegaard

    "Only those who risk going too far can possibly know how far they can really go." –T.S. Eliot

    I like quotes.

    ReplyDelete