Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ummmm, Nevermind

I awoke this morning to another beautiful snowfall. The early shades of grays and whites laying out a calm, peaceful palette before me. The tree forms gently swaying in tandem to the snow-filled breeze made me stand a few more moments ... breathing deeply. Praises singing in my head.

And then I checked my Blackberry.

A LEXAlert message cueing me with a flashing red light... no school for the district. Really, another snow day? A quick math equation told me the kids were now going to classes into the first week of June. Bummer.

The next tick in thought. Ah man, why doesn't the district stop calling snow days for a mere 2 inches of powder? What are "they" thinking? My internal rant proceeded. Including a question in my prayers asking why the schools made these decisions. Huh God? The tranquility of the previous mood shattered.

I looked in on Gregg and the kids. Decided to let them sleep in. And headed out. Still in a bit of a dander.

Ahhhh, back to the gray streetscapes. The empty early-morning roads. The darken skies filled with dancing flurries...

A stop sign ahead. A car coming from the other street. I could see his brake lights pumping gently like mine - both allowing extra time to stop given the road conditions. We both skidded, swerved.

Missed.

My heart skipped a few beats. My pulse raced a few more. Sheepishly I ran through the interplay of my dual moods and thoughts this morning.

Ummmmmm, nevermind God.

No comments:

Post a Comment